Help and support opening DMG files on Windows
Click on a link below to jump to that section.
- What does the DMG Extractor do?
- How to run the DMG Extractor
- Registering the DMG Extractor
- Contact us
- Extract IPSW file from iOS 7 beta DMG file on a Windows PC
What does the DMG Extractor do?
The DMG Extractor can extract files from Mac OS X DMG (Disk Image) files.
Running the DMG Extractor
Running the DMG Extractor on Windows is as simple as double-clicking on the icon. Users experiencing problems with the extractor on Windows should email us at the address below.
Registering the DMG Extractor
The registration window is brought up by clicking "register" (circled in green), and your unique identifier will be shown in the field we've circled in red below.
If you accidentally sent us the wrong identifier when you registered, the key we send you will likely not work. Use our new self-service key generator to create a new registration key. You'll need to have your original purchase details to hand.
Having trouble registering the DMG Extractor?
If you have purchased a key for the DMG Extractor but the "Register" button is not highlighting when your details are entered, there's one of three things that can be wrong:
- You haven't entered your details correctly. In order to register, your name, company and key need to be entered exactly as they are in the registration email. We recommend you copy and paste these into the window.
- Your unique ID is wrong or has changed. Double-check it, and if it has, use our self-service key generator to create a new registration key. If that doesn't work then forward us your registration confirmation email along with your new unique identifier.
- You're using an older version of the DMG Extractor. You can see which version you're using by looking in the lower left-hand corner of the main window. Download the latest version and try again.
Contact us for more information on volume pricing discounts.
The DMG Extractor is produced by Reincubate, a small company based in London, England. We've been helping people extract data since 2008.
You can email us .
Can I support the DMG Extractor project?
Yes. We'd love it if you blogged about us.