If you have downloaded our application and you're not sure what to do next, here is a short guide on extracting those much-needed files from your DMG file.
Open DMG Extractor app and select the DMG file you want to extract
Click the "Open" menu icon on the top-left of the window.
Select the DMG file you want to extract
After doing this, the DMG Extractor will load the file you selected. If you have a large DMG file, a progress bar will show until the DMG file is loaded.
Now you should be able to see all the files contained within the DMG file and navigate folders and files.
Extract the DMG file
Click "Extract", next to the "Open" button. You can choose whether to extract the whole of the DMG's contents into the same folder, into a specific one chosen by you. If you don’t need to extract all the files just select the files you want and on the Extract button menu click "Selected files to…"
That's it -- extraction complete! Your selected files should now have been converted from the DMG file and saved onto your Windows computer ready for you to use.
We support FAT and exFAT DMG images, too
Support for 4GB+ DMG files
If you're trying to open a DMG file on Windows, larger than 4GB, it's this easy:
- Download the DMG Extractor free
- Register your DMG Extractor and activate your app full features
- Load your DMG File, input your password if the file is encrypted
- Click "Extract" and select the output folder
The free version of the DMG Extractor will:
- Preview DMG files, above 4GB in size and encrypted
- Extract 5 files at a time from your DMG
- Will extract only from un-encrypted DMG files smaller than 4GB
Even if the file has been encrypted, our app will know what to do! As long as you know the password to your .dmg file, you can open it to use on your Windows computer with the DMG Extractor. Just:
- Open the DMG Extractor and load the file
- Input your file password or decrypt key
- Extract data from your DMG file to the selected output folder